7 Moor Questions-Bro. Kendricks-El
1. Islam Moslem. What part of the nation are you from?
I am from the Detroit territory.
2. How did you come to know of the Moorish Science Temple of America?
I was introduced to Moorish Science through a friend who proclaimed 20 years ago. I’ve been through several schools of thought, and when I read the literature the Prophet brought to me it was the realest stuff I ever read! Then being in the dismal crypts and hearing some of the brothers demonstrate I knew this is where I belonged!
3. Your style and music are authentic in that they’re not over the people’s heads but still the teachings of Prophet Noble Drew Ali are in there. Was this deliberate?
My approach to making this album was to educate and entertain at the same time.
4. What did you learn generally at the Specs Howard School of Media Arts?
I went to Specs Howard for film and video. I plan on making my own movies in the near future. Final Cut Pro was the editing program we used which is industry standard. Also I used Photoshop, Boom Mics, etc.
5. How do you choose beats?
When it comes to picking beats I let the beat pick me.
6. What are your particular areas of study within the vast realm that is Moorish Science?
I love to study nationality and birthrights, because if ones don’t know that, they are completely lost and debased from their heritage.
7. How do ones access your music?